How to generate online release key hash or sha1 for Facebook in the android studio
How to generate release key hash or sha1 for Facebook in the android studio, This section of the tutorial explains you how to get Key Hashes for the Android Facebook app. Facebook SDK integration to android requires a key hash configuration.
While integrating Facebook SDK, we need to configure Facebook API console with Key Hash. If a key hash is missing you will get
App mis-configured error in the Facebook dashboard.
facebook-android-sdk and configured a new app. In the application, settings enable the “Native android app” and enable for Facebook login and deep linking. It asks for key hashes, and I’m stuck. After spending a generous amount of time, I have found two solutions to get the key hashes.
1. Using OpenSSL and command prompt
- Download OpenSSL from Google code (If you have a 64-bit machine you must download OpenSSL-0.9.8e X64, not the latest version)
- Extract it. Create a folder- OpenSSL in C: / and copy all files here
- Find “debug.keystore” file path. Most likely it will be inside “C:\Users\\.android” folder. However, if you still don’t find then perform a search. I am sure you are lucky enough to get it.
- Find keytool.exe path. It will be inside your java/bin directory. In my system it is under “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin”
- Open command prompt (Run-> cmd->start) and go to java /bin folder (cd “C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin” command will do it for you)
- Now you run the below command.
C:\\Program Files\\Java\\jdk1.6.0_30\\bin>keytool -exportcert -alias androiddebugkey -keystore "C:\\Users\\.android\\debug.keystore" | "C:\\OpenSSL\\bin\\openssl" sha1 -binary |"C:\\OpenSSL\bin\\openssl" base64
- Provide password (android), as when you are prompted. You are done. It will generate you the key-hash
Alternative Method and its 100% working